Interrogation is the latest dark comedy from John Feffer.
Written and performed by John Feffer
Directed by Matty Griffiths
Busboys and Poets
5th and K, NW
12/11: 8 pm (talkback with Marc Rotenberg)
12/15: 8 pm (talkback with Greg Nojeim)
REVIEWS OF INTERROGATION
The Washington Post says that Interrogation provides “an unsettling view of reality.”
Staff pick at DC Theatre Scene. “Feffer’s familiarity with Capital Fringe is apparent, and he uses this knowledge to make the work truly immersive,” writes John Bavoso. “It’s a show that makes you uncomfortable, makes you think (both about government surveillance and the nature of being a theatre-goer), and keeps you on the edge of your seat.”
Five stars and Pick of the Fringe from DCMTA. Yvonne French says, “Interrogation is a deftly told dark comedy about a serious and timely subject that immerses the audience completely in its creative story.” Warning: some spoilers in the review….
Washingtonian selects us as one of the shows to see in the 2014 festival
BACKGROUND ON INTERROGATION
When Government Breaks the Fourth Wall — Huffington Post article on Interrogation
Interview in Woman Around Town with John Feffer
DC Theatre Scene provides a peak at Interrogation
Sneak preview article on Interrogation at DC Metro Theater Arts
This production is presented as a part of the 2014 Capital Fringe Festival, a program of the Washington, DC non-profit Capital Fringe
REVIEWS OF THE POLITICIAN
Five stars and Best of Fringe from DC Metro Theater Arts
DC Broadway World calls The Politician a brilliant mix of theater and politics. “Go, just go….”
Hill Rag calls The Politician “another highly satisfying satire that condemns the Beltway life while resting snugly inside of it” with “a fantastic ensemble cast, whose members change roles more often than people in Washington change opinion.”
Women Around Town says “The Politician shows us what happens when the cameras stop rolling. You’ll never watch a talking head again without thinking of this play. If you missed last year’s The Pundit, don’t miss The Politician.”
Washington Speaks: The Politician “scores a big win.”
REVIEWS OF THE PUNDIT
New York: NYTheater.com
Five stars and Pick of the Fringe from DC Theatre Scene!
“Deflates its target with a sharp satiric pin,” said The Washington Post.
READ RECENT WRITINGS
- Behind The Bird: DCTheatreScene.com (June 22, 2011)
- Washingtonian (July 2010): First Person: Waiting for the Curtain
- Original, full-length Washingtonian article on 2009 Fringe
- The New York Times: My Backlogged Pages
- Washington Post: Excerpt from Edible Rex
- Washington Post: Jeju Island, Paradise with a Dark Side
John Feffer works at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, DC, where he co-directs the Foreign Policy In Focus project. He was recently an Open Society Foundation Fellow, retracing his steps in Eastern Europe from 23 years ago. He is the author of several books, including the novel Foamers (Scribner, 1997). You can find more about his books, his articles, and his biography elsewhere on this website.
FROM THE CREATOR OF…
- DC Theatre Scene calls The Bird “a treasure,” gives it 5 out of 5, and designates it “pick of the Fringe.”
- DCist says that “Feffer is magnetic, a born storyteller.”
- The Washington City Paper calls The Bird “a captivating personal story.”
- See a short video excerpt on Youtube.
- DC Theatre Scene gives Edible Rex its top mark
- Washington City Paper: “Edible Rex is by far my favorite.”
- See video excerpt: Youtube video
Krapp’s Last Power Point
- Pick of the Fringe 2009 (DC Theatre Scene)
- Read review of KLPP: DC Theatre Scene review
- See video excerpt: Youtube video